Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

My Favorite Cookie

Clementine's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love the flavor combination of these cookies.  The cinnamon mixes splendidly with the chocolate chips and the rich, buttery pecans. This recipe is supposed to yield 2-3 dozen cookies, depending on how large you make them; but I'm lucky if it yields 6 or 7 cookies, because I prefer to eat the dough!

The original recipe calls for walnuts instead of pecans as well as nutmeg in addition to the cinnamon... I prefer my version.  I have also made these cookies with wheat flour and splenda, with equally delicious results.


    The Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup unsifted four
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.

I'm using my handy BeaterBladePro.

Add vanilla and egg, mix on low speed until incorporated.
Stir flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mix well.
Stir in oats.
Finally, fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
Mmmmm... cookie dough....
I use a scoop to make uniform cookies.
Lightly smash down the scoops of dough to flatten them a little.
MMMMmmm... fresh out of the oven. The smell of warm sweet cinnamon is wafting through the kitchen. YUM!
All done!

2 comments: